Monday, January 12, 2009

(Map) Tristram

I made this map with Photoshop and used objects found at Dundjinni.com and RPGMapshare. I edited the heck out of it to give the map that dark and dreary feel to it. I also laid out the map differently than the Tristram in the video game; I guess I just wanted it to have a new and refreshing feel to it.




I think the first town scene (soon to come) was pretty successful during game using Maptool, mainly because of the Vision and Lighting system that Maptool has. It really gave the players that feeling of uncertainty - not knowing what was around each corner or out in the darkness outside of their light sources.

I have a quick video showing the Vision and Lighting system in Maptool:
http://rptools.net/dorpond/Diablo/Blog/Tristram/Tristram.html
As you can see, bright lighting overrides dim lighting, and creatures come into view as the light hits them and go out of view as light moves away. It really brings the game to an all new level.